County Durham Local Offer
The “Local Offer” provides a wide range of information for families of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)0-25 years available the following link http://www.countydurhamfamilies.info or if you google “County Durham Local Offer” on any search engine. This information provides details of all services, including health provision, support and advocacy that may help you or your child as they progress from birth to 25 years old, during their time in education.
What information is included in the Local Offer ? It includes:
- sources of support, advice and information
- education, health and care provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEN
- how services can be accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people move between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- leisure activities
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEN Tribunal
- information on the review and development of the Local Offer itself.
How to use the Local Offer
To find what you need, you can select a topic or age category. You can also search by keyword(s) and/or postcode/location. You can narrow (filter) results, show results on a map, or even add results to a shortlist to tailor them to your child and family's needs. Further details about your search can be found in the more information area. Local Offer help videos are also available in English, العربية, 普通話, Polski
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Visit the 'For families' section which has additional information and services. If you still can't find what you are looking for let us know.